Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2008 Saturn Austin windows don't roll down keep

Customer Question
Have a 2008 Saturn...

Have a 2008 Saturn Austin windows don't roll down flasher keep flashing all time car want start until take neg cable off and put back on every time to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No clean

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put new battery on. Tried locking doors when inside letting car set for 15 to 30 minutes had key checked at auto zone put new battery in key also

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't know of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Pete, Saturn Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Saturn Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the BCM ( body control module) itself.The BCM monitors and controls these functions and if it has an internal fault it will need to be replaced and programmed.Programming has to be done by a GM dealer.

If you have not had the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool this needs to be done.If any codes are set in the BCM the codes will need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.I do suspect this is an internal BCM fault causing this issue needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete