Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I see in the questions that that John checked to see if a…

Customer Question
I see in the...

I see in the questions that that John checked to see if a battery pack recall had been done on their Saturn. I just bought a 2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid and the check engine light is on and the auto stop feature is not working. I suspect the battery issue might be going on. 153,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on, engine runs fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vue Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it and in the process of sorting it out with plates etc. kind of anticipating repairs at this point.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
VIN# ***** Can or will the car run without the hybrid function? Has this vehicle gone through the battery recall?
11/22/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Pete, Saturn Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Pete, Saturn Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately I dont have a way myself to check to see if the recall has been done but what you can do is take your vehicles VIN number and contact a dealer/GM dealer and let them run it to see if the recall has been done or if it needs done.They will do this at no charge to you.

The vehicle can run a short time like this but it is recommended that this is checked into and repaired as soon as possible and is advised not to operate it until this is repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete