Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Temp Control has no effect on the temp coming out of vents.

Customer Question
Temp Control has no...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

08 Vue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
11/21/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you hear any clicking or problems in the dash when you try to operate the heat and cold settings?

no

Have you inspected the bled door actuator when turning the knob?

no.

ok I would do that first let me know if its operating correctly

The blend door seems to be working, Just cold air coming out no matter where i send it.

ok check the hoses going into the firewall both in and out at operating temperature and see if they are the same temperature or close

They are both warm

I would next pull the hoses and check flow on them with a garden hose, if the flow is good and the blend door is working there is a obstruction in the core itself and the hvac bx would need to be pulled and inspected for debris or a broken door

Would that stop it from working completely after sitting for 30 min.?

can you explain on whats not working after 30 mins and what is going on ?

My heat is blowing cold - Was working perfectly before going in a resturant for 30 min.

if the actuator is working then the blend door itself must be broken inside the hvac box

Ok, Can you send me to a site so I can cancel my subscription.

nice I help you out and you get the help for free, not cool

$5.00 and then $21.00 taken out of my account. - far from free.