Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Ignition sylnoied is bad, i think. Alights are good, but hit

ignition sylnoied is bad, i...
ignition sylnoied is bad, i think
JA: Have you checked the battery lately?
Customer: yes alights are good, but hit the ign sw and all it does is click, try to jump it off the same results
JA: What year is your SW?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your SW yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: that is all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was told to take a wire and connect batt wire and syn wire at starter
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

When you say you are just getting a click- is this a 1-click per turn of the key? Or is it a rapid, repeating clicking?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
1 click

Great! Thank-you! Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

OK- The 1-click per turn of the key is the common, tell-tale sign of a faulty Starter Solenoid. On this vehicle, the solenoid is mounted to the starter motor and is usually replaced as a starter motor assembly (the new starter comes with a new solenoid, it's just cheaper and easier this way). Carefully inspect the connections at the solenoid and make sure they are tight and are not oil-soaked. If no problems are found, replacing the starter motor will solve the problem. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
thank u

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great day! Thank-you for using JustAnswer!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -