Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ignition sylnoied is bad, i think. Alights are good, but hit…

Ignition sylnoied is bad...

Ignition sylnoied is bad, i think

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Yes alights are good, but hit the ign sw and all it does is click, try to jump it off the same results

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your SW?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SW yourself? What have you tried so far?

That is all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was told to take a wire and connect batt wire and syn wire at starter

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

When you say you are just getting a click- is this a 1-click per turn of the key? Or is it a rapid, repeating clicking?

1 click

Great! Thank-you! Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

OK- The 1-click per turn of the key is the common, tell-tale sign of a faulty Starter Solenoid. On this vehicle, the solenoid is mounted to the starter motor and is usually replaced as a starter motor assembly (the new starter comes with a new solenoid, it's just cheaper and easier this way). Carefully inspect the connections at the solenoid and make sure they are tight and are not oil-soaked. If no problems are found, replacing the starter motor will solve the problem. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

thank u

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great day! Thank-you for using JustAnswer!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -