Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 lw1 died going down the road thought it was fuel pump I…

Customer Question
2000 lw1 died going...

2000 lw1 died going down the road thought it was fuel pump I put in new one still won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Bought used guessing it's original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Saturn?

Lw1

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am .it's got spark it's getting fuel and it starts with starting fluid but stalls rite away

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before last time it stalled there was couple times wouldn't start.I would try later and it would start right up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Amedee, Saturn Technician replied 8 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Does the engine currently tart and run now?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Won't start
Looking for what else could be the problem

There could be dozens of reasons. I would recommend that you narrow it down by checking for spark, fuel and compression.

Your welcome to check these things and reply back with your findings.

I have checked all 3,all 3 good

Not possible.

Could it be low fuel pressure or some sensor.how much pressure is required

Thats what I am saying. If you checked these things, you would know what the fuel pressure is at.

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Don't have a gauge but when I push the valve fuel squirts bout 10 feet.so there is some pressure

Excellent!

And what about spark?

Pulled plugs left hooked up turned key and all 4 plugs sparked

Thats good.

Does the engine run on starting fluid?

it does

So do the injector pulse fuel into the cylinders when cranking?

Not sure but plugs were dry when I pulled them which was right after I had been turning engine over

Ok, so you need to do a few things.

• Check for codes in the computer
  • Check injector pulse using a noid light
  • Check for power going to the injectors with the key on.

Let me know

Ok that won't be till tomorrow.will I still be able to talk to you then

Sounds good

Thanks

.