Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had to pull transaxle to repair clutch. Removed axles. All…

Had to pull...

Had to pull transaxle to repair clutch. Removed axles. All works fine now except speedometer. Code : A circuit low. Replaced sensor, cleared code .Problem persists. Suggestions? 07 vue 2.2 5spd

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Slave cylinder failed. That’s fixed. Speed sensor is the issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixed many myself. The speedometer won’t work. Replaced the speed sensor . Same code : Speed sensor A circuit low

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

11/18/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Circuit low normally indicates the sensor wiring is to blame because the return voltage is not adequate. Have you checked the wiring

No visible damage to the wireing harness. Was careful not to pull or pinch wireing.

Have you tried OHM testing the wires to confirm they are not broken nor shorted?

No, what should they read? From sensor to where?

At the 3 wire speed sensor confirm the black/white wire is a good ground.

Confirm the pink wire is battery voltage with the key on.

Unplug the sensor and ECM. OHM test the sensor purple/white wire to the ECM pin 18 connector 1. You should see no resistance. OHM test the wire to battery positive and negative you should see no continuity.

Thanks. Any chance that wireing runs through the drivers side (of 3) plugs under the fuse/relay box mounted over the transmission? I had to unplug it to get enough access to the transmission. Where is the ECM,dash,seat,kick panel?

ECM is in the right side of the engine compartment. There shows to be no online connectors on this wire but those are not always shown in diagrams.

Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Thanks. Great deal of help. Saved me a lot of time.

You are welcome