Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 l200 uses oil but no leaks no burning soot in exhaust.

2002 l200 uses oil...

2002 l200 uses oil but no leaks no burning soot in exhaust. Was told this is normal its got 132k miles runs great

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No had no issues to date so no need to change

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not gonna do a rebuild but I'd its simple like pcv or adding mmo to crankcase I can try

11/17/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you
How much oil are you using in 30 days
Did you pull the pcm valve and lines are they soaked with oil ?
Did you the plugs are the wet with oil ? Like passing it thru the rings, you can do also compression test
Let me know so I can tell you which way to goPlease let me know
Chad Farhat

I'll try that but tbh it'll be next weekend before I can get to it. Wouldn't any oil getting by rings cause blue or black smoke in exhaust? I've seen no exhaust issues

if it is excessive amount you will see smoke
Ok sounds goodYou are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat

Ok can you tell me where the pcv valve is on the saturn? Do I have to remove the valve cover

Let me get you some diagrams to help you give me few minutes

Thank you sir have good weekend

sir you too