Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My lift gate doesn't open any more. 2009. I wonna fix it my…

Customer Question
My lift gate doesn't...

My lift gate doesn't open any more

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I wonna fix it my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Io that's all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
11/16/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

send me vin # ,so i can look up the system and see what we can do

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Vin 5GZEV23DX9J216493
I can't even open the end gate now it never unlocks

click on link to view wiring diagram

we have 3 fuses ,the main is a 30 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box you need to check

then we have lift gate module

and we have the lift gate motor assembly itself

and the ground to that circuit

most likley the fuse, then motor them module usually in that order they go ,unless you have some stuck on the latch like paper towel etc .

but testing is needed

\

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent & faults retrieved ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I can't see to numbers on the link I wonna fix it my self if it is possible

ok , read the tsb on this issue ,

and click on link again and see which one matches and the repairs necessary ,some of these you should be able to do yourself

Please let me know if you can see the link ,you should it is a pdf file with images

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I can't see the picture my liftgate is a manual lift gate just the lock is electric and I can't even open it manual

well if that is the case, then we have take the interior from cargo are off, seat ,trim carpet and get to the back of it take the panel off and unlock that way and say what failed

that is the only way if the fuse are good and you can not use the handle and none of the repairs i sent you apply , not easy job time consuming but there is no other way

unfortunately

I have it off I'll take the moter off and test it see if there is a bad connection
I fond my problem
found my problem

cool what was it

The button is busted

ok the one on handle

the part you need

2009 Saturn Truck Outlook FWD V6-3.6L

Save Article

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Trunk / Liftgate Lock

Liftgate

Lock

Without Power

Part # 13501871 $126.31

With Power

Part # 13503467 $201.99

Labor Information

I already got a part for 45 box

good , these prices are list price ,so the price will be cheaper retail or whole sale or online

Please let me know if you need anything else

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Saturn Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat