Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

My lift gate doesn't open any more. 2009. I wonna fix it my

Customer Question
My lift gate doesn't open...
My lift gate doesn't open any more
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wonna fix it my self
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Io that's all
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Saturn
11/16/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 28 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

send me vin # ,so i can look up the system and see what we can do

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Vin 5GZEV23DX9J216493
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I can't even open the end gate now it never unlocks

click on link to view wiring diagram

we have 3 fuses ,the main is a 30 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box you need to check

then we have lift gate module

and we have the lift gate motor assembly itself

and the ground to that circuit

most likley the fuse, then motor them module usually in that order they go ,unless you have some stuck on the latch like paper towel etc .

but testing is needed

\

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent & faults retrieved ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I can't see to numbers on the link I wonna fix it my self if it is possible
Saturn Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 27 days ago

ok , read the tsb on this issue ,

and click on link again and see which one matches and the repairs necessary ,some of these you should be able to do yourself

Please let me know if you can see the link ,you should it is a pdf file with images

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I can't see the picture my liftgate is a manual lift gate just the lock is electric and I can't even open it manual

well if that is the case, then we have take the interior from cargo are off, seat ,trim carpet and get to the back of it take the panel off and unlock that way and say what failed

that is the only way if the fuse are good and you can not use the handle and none of the repairs i sent you apply , not easy job time consuming but there is no other way

unfortunately

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have it off I'll take the moter off and test it see if there is a bad connection
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I fond my problem
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
found my problem

cool what was it

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The button is busted

ok the one on handle

the part you need

2009 Saturn Truck Outlook FWD V6-3.6L

Save Article

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Trunk / Liftgate Lock

Liftgate

Lock

Without Power

Part # 13501871 $126.31

With Power

Part # 13503467 $201.99

Labor Information

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I already got a part for 45 box

good , these prices are list price ,so the price will be cheaper retail or whole sale or online

Please let me know if you need anything else

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat