Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Oil level is low and I want to add the proper weight to the…

Customer Question
Oil level is low...

Oil level is low and I want to add the proper weight to the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

I'm not sure. We bought the car in June and I'm not sure if the oil was changed before we bought it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I can take care of adding oil. I was just told tonight that the check engine light was in. I took it for a drive and noticed the dash indicated the level is 1/4

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My daughter said the steering wheel was making a strange noise or didn't feel right when turned all the way to the right. I didn't notice anything during my drive

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
11/16/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

What is the model of your 2006 Saturn so I can find out the correct oil for you?

Vue

If you have the V6 3.5 engine then it takes 5w20 synthetic oil. If you have the 4 cyl 2.2 engine then it will take 5w30 synthetic oil. On both of these oil weights are for warm weather use and if in cold climate then use 0w20 on the v6 and 0w30 on the 4 cylinder motors.

For the check engine light you will need to have the computer scanned to get the stored failure codes to see what the problem may be.

Here is an information bulletin on the steering system operation and possible set of system codes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkiyj6lmxuc4za2/2006%20saturn%20vue%20steering%20tsb.pdf?dl=0

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Saturn Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago

I have not got a response from the last answers I sent you. Do you still need assistance?

Saturn Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you and can get question closed out. Thanks.