Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Saturn outlook my back windows want go up or…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Saturn outlook my back windows want go up or down, from drivers switch nor the back switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes, I changed one rear motor but still not getting any power, is there a fuse for rear window?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?

I switched out the motor and regulator, still no results

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Want to resolve this problem if possible....
11/10/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic

very sorry for the delay...........
You need to test for DC Voltage + at the RED / WHITE wire on the Rear Switches
Typically this is a broken wire in the Driver Door jamb
Here is how to test the "2" Rear Window Motor wires at the Window Motor

.

Use of a VOM is needed to test
The way it works:
Ignition On
Switch held in Up position
One wire will have 12 Volts +
One wire will have Ground -

Switch held in Down position
The wire that had 12 Volts + is now Ground -
The wire that was Ground - is now 12 Volts +

If Voltage or Ground checks good at motor, replace motor.
If Voltage or Ground does not check good:
Check Switch Voltage & Ground.
Check for broken wires at Door / Kick Panel Boot

.

Let me know if you need further

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.
.................................................................