Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have little to no heat coming out of my vents when it's…

Customer Question
I have little to...

I have little to no heat coming out of my vents when it's all the way on hot. The temperature gauge shows that it's at the right temperature, and I've replaced the thermostat, water pump, and also reverse flushed the heater core.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Thermostat has been replaced, and my coolant level is accurate.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

It's a 2003 Saturn Vue 6 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am, and the thermostat has been replaced, the water pump, and I've reverse flushed the heater core.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about all I've got for information, any help would be great.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Saturn
11/9/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 9 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, step one is to run engine till fully warm. Then go o BOTH heater hoses under hood where they enter firewall, Feel each with engine running. I need to know how EACH of those 2 hoses feel when fully warm, e need to start there. Thanks

The last time I felt the hoses, the lower hose was hot, the top hose was only mildly warm.

ok, if that test still holds true today? 110% you have a bad heater core. Flushing? rarely works even if in reverse. Heater cores are designed internally whereas the water just does not go through a tube and out, the water sits in and end chamber and what tubes of Many many that are open? water will flow through. if say half are blocked? you get flow and will always have flow but not through enough tubes thus low heat.We do not flush heater cores in the shop, Just never works, some yes but most? no. You have a blocked core from sediment or buildup and unfortunatley you need to change the heater core. Both those hoses should always be say 10 degrees different in temp . not a big difference at all

Please rate my service I have provided today. Rate now and you can still return after rating to this same post. The post does not close after rating service, Thanks