Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Well my car is over heating when idle. this morning the

Customer Question
Hi. Well my car...

Hi. Well my car is over heating when idle. this morning the coolant light came on and I wanted to make sure I am putting the right fluid in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes the coolant was low. Havent checked for any leaks. I don't have any fluids on ground. The coolant I have says 50/50anitfree and it is green. The one in my car is pink

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '50 Saturn?

2004 Saturn Ion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

No my husband is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am aware of a evap sensor that is out don't know if that is the cause

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Saturn
11/7/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 9 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I am Randall. You do not want to use the antifreeze you have , it does not use that type. You need to go back to store and get a jug of "Dexcool" antifreeze, that fluid will be more orange /red in color and is different than regular antifreeze. hard to explain the difference but you want Dexcool. All stores sell this

50/50 Mixture of clean, drinkable water and use DEX-COOL® coolant,