Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Misfire at highway speed, no service engine light. No code.

Customer Question
Misfire at highway speed...

Misfire at highway speed, no service engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No code

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Saturn Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2000 SW2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

In have changed the plugs , and ignition coils

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And new fuel filter

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saturn
10/17/2017
Saturn Mechanic: david craig, Saturn Mechanic replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. if you have a misfire at highway speed then you will having a check engine light on or flashing.

Please see above, the service engine light is NOT on!

I can read. then you dont have a misfire

if you are driving and experience a misfire. the check engine light will start flashing. period

just because it start jerking or hesitating doesn't mean its an engine issue.

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician