Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio lock. Code 1831. I’m sorry. It says error2 and the…

Customer Question
Radio lock. Code...

Radio lock. Code 1831

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I’m sorry. It says error2 and the code from holding 1 and 2 is 1831

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2004 ion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

The battery was disconnected by the repair shop. When I got the car back, the radio was locked. I’ve kinda just tried to look up solutions until I found your site

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. Everything else is fine. Just the radio.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
10/4/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1831 is a scrambled code

if you call Saturn dealer ,GM and give vin# ***** will punch 1831 and that scrambled code will produce the real radio code to plug it in

if it shows you reset on screen ,in some cases leaving radio on and switch on over 2 hrs will reset it but you need to hook up a battery charger

did you check manual no radio code card with number on it ,should be if manual there and bought new

lets start here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Bought car used so no Manual. When I turn on radio it says error2 then 4 spaces for a code

try this

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Tell me what it says after that

chad

Would that work from the passenger side door? The driver lock doesn't work. Have to unlock from passenger doors

for the radio do worry on the lock unlock part since car still starting

just do the 30 minute and cable touching just skip the lock step

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician