Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Saturn sc2 2001. Sc2. Changing starter. Series. Need the…

Customer Question
Saturn sc2 2001 Mechanic's...

Saturn sc2 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Saturn?

Sc2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes changing starter

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Series

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Need the bolt sizes of top starter bolt and bottome bolt may also put a stud bolt in to replace 1 or or both of bolts

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Saturn Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Do you need the thread size and length or the size of the bolt heads?

both

The bolt heads are 13mm. I am not sure of the thread and length as I don't have a set to measure. Do you have yours?

they are on car . not sure which is top boltone is thinner than the other. look similar in length

They are very similar. Saturn did a lot of standardization to save on inventory. The top bolt is between the sol;enoid and the block. A deep socket with a 6 inch extension reaches it.

They are all the same diameter and thread, you can match any one of them for size.

Is this video why you consider installing a stud? I don't find it hard to use the bolt but Richpin does many things I would not do.

how is is it that for honda reflex moped of which very few people have there are pictures of every nut, screw and bolt for buying replacement parts , yet for saturn , though not popular still sold 10 to 50 times more units than reflex yet no pics or description of starter bolts

You would have to ask GM that question but I suspect it is the cost of producing such information.

It is a simple matter to measure the bolts. I suspect they are 8x1.25 or 1.50 or 10x1.25 or 1.50 but I would have to measure to be sure. They look to be about 50 - 60 mm long but again I would have to measure.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

OK, I went out and measured a couple I am sure are the same and they are 8x1.25 x 40mm. with 13mm heads. You can get the same bolt with a 12mm head but the rest is the same bolt.

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician