Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Are you a Saturn mechanic, 2007, code p0646, the a/c work…

Customer Question
Are you a Saturn...

Are you a Saturn mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Code p0646

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

The a/c work when the fan is turned on to position 1 & 2 and the compressor turns off when I turn the van to position 3 & 4

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We pulled code P0646

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Saturn
The a/c works when I turn the fan switch to position 1&2 but when I turn the fan to position 3 or 4 (high) I hear the compressor kick off and the a/c button light goes off.
I switched the A/C relay under the dash around with a different relay but it still does the same thing. I also checked the fuses.
If the blower motor is pulling to many amps could this cause the a/c to shut off?
Answered in 1 day by:
10/4/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

What model car is this?

Vue

Thanks, ***** ***** the model that indicates I now need to know the engine liter or the vin# ***** do you have auto or manual climate control?

It's a 2007 Saturn Vue V6 all wheel drive this year they had the Honda motor

Here are the steps to diagnose 0646 https://www.dropbox.com/s/wd054hdhipeieks/0646.pdf?dl=0

Monitor the signal using a volt/ohm meter on the AC request line from the HVAC at the light green wire connector 1 pin 10. If the signal changes based on blower speed then the HVAC is to blame. If the same signal is still being sent regardless of blower speed then do the diag steps above.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Your is very vague. I diagnose the problem myself. I found out that it was the blower motor resistor. I replaced it and it works fine now. How can I get a refund for the stupid site?

Use the contact us link. Sorry I misunderstood, I thought the AC was shutting off, not the blower motor. Plus the resistor can not store the code you have.

The AC was shutting off when I turn the blower motor to the third and fourth position
The blower motor continues blowing but the AC shut off

Glad you got it resolved with a new blower resistor.

How do I get my money back since you were no help to me?

Use the contact us link