Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's stuck in park and won't start, I need to shift it into…

Customer Question
It's stuck in park...

It's stuck in park and won't start, I need to shift it into neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No, It's completely dead

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2008 Saturn outlook

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tested the battery I think it's the alternator and it won't take a jump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so first we need to adress the no start, have you verified voltage at the battery with a voltmeter?