david craig
david craig,
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

On a 2009 Aura 2.4l auto transmission, I was having trouble

Hello, on a 2009 Aura 2.4l auto transmission, I was having trouble with engine performance specially taking off from a light. The vehicle hesitates to take off and had no much power. While inspecting the possibilities I found the throttle body extremely dirty, so I cleaned it. Now the vehicle has lots of power but won't idle. It stays around 3000rpms and dont want to go down. I've disconnected the battery and tried to relearn by driving it but no success. Could it be damaged? or some other way to relearn?
thanks

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

any codes? any vacum leaks ? or air leaks?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
no codes,no vacuum leaks
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
the vehicle is idling 750 rpms. as soon as I touch the accelerator pedal, it revs

Hi Im David, thanks foir visiting the site, get access to the throttle plate again. make sure its closing all of the way even if it looks like itt is, push on the top of the throttle plate to see if it fully closes.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
It does. I can move it a little bit. It seems free

does it spring back a little when you push it fully closed or does it stay there?

did you remove the throttle body or did you clean it still installed?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
it spring back a little.
I've found the sleeve that goes on top of the throttle body and intake hose with a crack on it
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I've cleaned it istalled. key off

that crack will cause your high idle

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I had the feeling.
thank you very much

you are very welcome, please accept the answer and leave a 3 stars or more rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. even though you accept and rate doesnt mean we are done as i will be with you until the vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions are you;d like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

david craig,
Experience: owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I want to rate you. please allow me to access the stars

thank you