Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

I need diagram for where my power steering pump is located

and how to remove /...
I need diagram for where my power steering pump is located and how to remove / replace. 2008 saturn vue 2.4 l non hybrid.
9/20/2017
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

what is the problem you are having ?

If I dry steer, the steering is choppy and feels strange.

this should be an electric power steering system in this vehicle

is this an electric steering system in this system ?

2008 saturn vue xe 2.4 L. Non hybrid. You tell me

i am showing it is

with electric steering when this is going on the issue is the steering motor and module bad OR the module needs to be recalibrated where the steering needs to be recalibrated

i would have the steering recalibrated

if it still acts up then it will need a new motor and module

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Should I go grab a Haynes manual or do you have answer for me?

i just answered you

there should be NO power steering pump on this engine

it is electric steering

Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Nice. Never heard of steering motor. Makes sense. Never added fluid. Do you have any helpful diagrams? Sorry for snappy response. This is my second time using just answer. My first time was interesting. Do I have to take it somewhere to calibrate it or is there a procedure? Where is the motor located? Have I asked too many questions?
Few more questions if you don't mind. Already sent to you

with the electric steering there is no fluid to check

when these act up usually a calibration with a scan tool is done next to see if that corrects this issue

Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician