Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

P0411 on 2006 Saturn Ion, Yes ... I have replaced secondary

P0411 on 2006 Saturn Ion
JA: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes ... I have replaced secondary air "smog pump" and both O2 sensors
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: Yes ... car runs very well good idle but the code comes in after driving for awhile
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have replaced MAD and the MAP sensors ... different code but that is cleared now ... just the P0411 code is remaining even though car runs very well.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so with your scanner can you command the air pump to turn on and off?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am using an OBD scanner called Torque. I can scan and clear but I cannot turn off an individual sensor that I know of. Would you recommend a,different BOD scanner to download?

I know thats a pretty good one better than most basic hand helds, although I dont have much experience with all the apps as far as I know the torque app is about as good as it gets in that area, you would just have to do some research, I havent gotten into that world in a while, I have about a 800$ scanner that does what most 3000 scanners will do, and I love it, even program pcms and keys, so back to the car we would need to perform these tests with a scanner so you will have to either buy one or have a diag done on it at a shop,

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
That's what I was afraid of ... need a deeper dive into the diagostics .... thanks for your help

sure thing! let me know if you have any other questions or run into more snags