Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key would turn in the ignition. Car was in park, So car was…

Customer Question
Key would turn in...

Key would turn in the ignition. Car was in park

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

So car was in park. It does have a wheel lock. Tried everything I could think of, but the steering wheel would not move. Read your answer to somebody else about tapping G the key while it was in the ignition and it worked!!!!! Thank you!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

But is the a problem with this model or a fluke.?

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

It is a Saturn L200 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the ignition and should be serviced or just a fluke.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is the first time this has happened, it was just in the shop for a new fuel pump and lines and needs to go back soon because the mechanic said the filler neck for the gas tank is rusted.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Saturn
9/20/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So with this vehicle the key and the lock cylinder get worn very easily, more than likely you have a combination of the lock cylinder and key starting to wear, the best defense for this model is to keep the cylinder lubed so that it will reduce the friction in the parts

Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

hows it coming?

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.