Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ok, 2009 Saturn Vue Hybrid 2.2. No Crank No start. When you…

Customer Question
Ok, 2009 Saturn Vue...

Ok, 2009 Saturn Vue Hybrid 2.2. No Crank No start. When you turn the key to acc, all light and such work, battery is fine. When you turn to start there is a click. Then nothing. However, it does start sometimes. have had success by running the gear shift down and back up, but that is not working any longer. I am thinking Ignition switch, not lock assembly?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

And you check that how?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vue Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will assume it is the original trans. Attempting to fix it myself. Haven't tried anything yet. It is my daughters car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Saturn
9/18/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Ron Z., - Saturn Tech - replied 11 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -

Hi Mary! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Mary, when you say there is just a click- is this a 1-click per cycle of the ignition? Or is it a rapid, repeating clicking? Also, does the click noise seem to be coming from the engine compartment?

It is just one click and I am deaf in one ear so it is hard to judge what direction sound comes from but I think yes from the engine area

Ok. Great. Thank-you. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

Ok- The 1-click per ignition cycle is usually the tell-tale sign of a faulty Starter Solenoid. On this vehicle, the solenoid is mounted to the side of the starter motor (which is why the click noise comes from the engine compartment) and it is usually replaced as a starter motor assembly (the new starter comes with a new solenoid, it's just cheaper and easier this way). Inspect the connections at the solenoid and make sure they are tight and no rubbed-through wiring in the harness. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the starter should fix you right up! Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

..

Were there any other questions I could help you with today, Mary?

Can you please quit emailing me. I am letting my husband know what you said about the starter. I will be in touch if I need anything else. I am getting bombarded with emails.

My apologies. The Additional Offer emails are being sent because you did not leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page. I will make sure you are not contacted any further. Glad I could be of some help today.

HI Mary! I noticed this Q&A was still open and you did not leave a rating, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this? Any other questions you had? If you have no further questions, Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page.