Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When it gets dark the day lamps stay on The headlights will…

Customer Question
When it gets dark...

When it gets dark the day lamps stay on The headlights will not come on The dimmer switch will not brighten the lights The seat belt light stays on all the time even with seatbelts hooked Sometimes the radio screen goes blank

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes the bulbs are fine The fuses are also ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2007 Vue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband is wanting to fix it but wanted to know where to start He is a mechanic but doesn't know about a Saturn with this kind of problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Saturn
9/17/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So that is a pretty common symptom of the BCM module, I would tell hom to check power and grounds at module, check connector and wiring, and reset the system, if symptoms come back and there are no codes more than likely you have a bad bcm module