Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can not get the front turn signal socket out to replace

Customer Question
Can not get the...

Can not get the front turn signal socket out to replace bulb.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Bulb socket turns to unlock, but can't pull out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2007 Saturn Aura

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aura yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself. Just want to change a burnt out bulb. Socket

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Loosens, but won't come out. Trying to pry out.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Saturn
9/17/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 11 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello. as long as you have turned the socket about 1/4 turn counterclockwise? it will come out, may have to twist slightly left and right, very slightly but that is how it is removed,The thing is it has a rubber oring to seal moisture out so,, I have seen that oring stick, It then requires a bit more effort like pliers to grab and pull or more prying with a pick tool etc. It will come out. Here is the link in .pdf format