Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had it towed after if sat for a week when it didn't start.

Customer Question
I had it towed...

I had it towed after if sat for a week when it didn't start. My saturn would always start any other time until it sat for a while. I was also having issues with it not wanting to start after shutting off and putting gas in it, so I stopped shutting ot off while getting gas. The place I had it towed to is telling me they think my motor is shot.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I had noticed yes it was using more then usual. But always started up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2009 saturn outlook.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it towed to a dealership and they said they think the motor is shot, THINK

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had notices a drip here and there of oil. Not much because I couldn't tell where it was coming from. I did have bells and a message go off one time saying oil was low so I added a half quart and it was good. This is the reason I had parked it because I wanted to know why it was dripping. Seem to happen after I took it in for oil change.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Saturn
9/14/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, does the engine turn over but not start, or nothing happens when you turn the key(like a dead battery would cause)?

Any unusual noises from the engine before you parked it?

Has the shop done any testing such as a compression test ?