Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had it towed after if sat for a week when it didn't start.

Customer Question
I had it towed...

I had it towed after if sat for a week when it didn't start. My saturn would always start any other time until it sat for a while. I was also having issues with it not wanting to start after shutting off and putting gas in it, so I stopped shutting ot off while getting gas. The place I had it towed to is telling me they think my motor is shot.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I had noticed yes it was using more then usual. But always started up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2009 saturn outlook.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it towed to a dealership and they said they think the motor is shot, THINK

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had notices a drip here and there of oil. Not much because I couldn't tell where it was coming from. I did have bells and a message go off one time saying oil was low so I added a half quart and it was good. This is the reason I had parked it because I wanted to know why it was dripping. Seem to happen after I took it in for oil change.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
9/14/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, does the engine turn over but not start, or nothing happens when you turn the key(like a dead battery would cause)?

Any unusual noises from the engine before you parked it?

Has the shop done any testing such as a compression test ?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager