Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

One screw on the pressure switch has fallen out and the

One screw on the pressure switch has fallen out and the other is very loose, so the compartment will not stay closed. How can I replace the screw and tighten the other?

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So you have any pictures of what your talking about

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I am talking about the Instrument panel storage, located on the left side and below the steering wheel. The spring latch that hold the compartment.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Shawn, Thanks for trying to help. It is 10:00 PM here, so I will go on line tomorrow and try to get an answer.
Thanks
Fred

you could try removing the whole bolster panel and accessing it that way, is this the door your talking about ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It the small compartment above the hood latch.

all I have is the removal diagram for the panel that I sent, like I siad you can try removing the full panel to access the parts your talking about

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On the diagram it shows only one screw on the left side. On my car there are two screws above that one, that hold the hood release, do they need to be remove in order to take the panel off?

yes the 2 screws in the hood latch need to be removed and then the one screw in the panel

hows it coming?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am taking the car in to the dealer for the repair, rather than damage the plastic cover while trying to remove it.
Thanks for your help.

sure thing ! I hope it all works out well.

.