Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Red oil light on dash blinks after driving for a few

Red oil light on...

Red oil light on dash blinks after driving for a few minutes. My car is due for an oil change so I'm not sure if it's related

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Not as of yet. Also, as of last night my car is starting with white smoke for a few seconds. This started after I filled my gas tank and happened again this morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2004 saturn Vue v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not. I've only had plans to take the car into the shop since the beginning of this week. These issues only recently popped up so I was just trying to find out what the issue could be potentially.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that's alol I've got

8/19/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

YES, hands down the oil must be changed first. This may or may not be related (although I suspect it is), it would be silly to go after an electrical issue and replace any electrical component if the engine just simply needs an oil change.

I have a feeling once the oil has been replaced, the oil light will no longer flash. :)

Awesome

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

do you think the smoke is related in any way?

It is possible.

Where is the smoke coming from?

Under the hood or from the tail pipe?

Tail pipe. It started last night after I filled my gas tank

YES, I do believe it is related.

Well I'll be taking it in the morning, unfortunately I couldn't today

Got it! Sounds good.

I am glad I can help.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.. and please don't forget to rate.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician
Absolutely. Thanks :)
I got the oil changed and everything seems fine. Thank you so much for the reassurance :)

EXCELLENT!!

Glad to hear it is all fixed. You are most welcome!!