Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

On my2003 when i turn the switch on there is no power to my

On my2003 when i turn the switch on there is no power to my blower whi h is new .all my fuses are good and the relay
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent. I figure its electronic
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2003 saturn vue.2.2l manual ac
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i replaced the resistor first and the ac switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it i have power to the blower until i turn on the switch

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have power to the blower motor at any speeds or any time at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No no power at any speed

Calling now

There was no answer would you like me to call you back on this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My phone was slow. Typing is ok.

O.k.,so you want to continue here instead of the call is this correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,locate the 40 amp HVAC blower fuse in the under hood fuse panel.Double check to make sure it is o.k.If it is o.k. test and see if it has power at one terminal that this fuse seats into in the fuse panel ( at or near 12 volts DC) with the key on or off.If it does not have power let me know.

If it does have power but you have no power at the blower motor then this indicates there is a broken wire leading from this fuse to the blower motor.This fuse feeds direct to the blower motor to give it power at all times.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok im checking there is full power at the fuse
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will look for the broken wire

O.k.,It is an orange wire all the way from the fuse to the blower motor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
far i haven't seen a break but i have power with the swit h off

You have power at the blower with the switch off but not when it is on?Are you testing with a test light or multi meter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Multimeter

What does the voltage read with blower switch off and then when the blower switch is switched on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
12.7 swit h off 0 switch on

Is this testing with the ground lead from the meter connected to a good ground point and if so have you tried with the ground lead connected to a different ground point to see if the voltage readings change at all with the fan switch on and off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The same reading at different poi ts
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The blower had stopped while i was driving

O.k.,you are losing voltage off this fuse.Now does the fuse drop the voltage as well when the blower is switched on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No the fuse retains full power

O.k.,so you are losing voltage on the orange wire from the fuse to the blower.This is due to a loose terminal connection at the fuse under the fuse box or corrosion in the fuse box or a corroded or damaged wire leading from the fuse to the blower motor.This is the only reason the voltage would drop/become lost like this here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im guessing there is something wrong from the fusebox to the blower

Correct.I am not sure if you saw my last post so I will post it again:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok i agree ill try to locate this thanks

Your welcome

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
With the temp switch on i unplugged the resistor then i had power to my blower. I plugged the resistor plug back into the resitor then no power to the blower.

Did you see any wiring damage anywhere?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I traced the system so far nothing i will keep searching there has to be something

It is losing voltage so there has to be a break or damaged or corrosion in the wiring.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I agree

Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks Pete