Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ase repaired computer 6 years ago ...same problem again,

Customer Question
Ase repaired computer 6...

Ase repaired computer 6 years ago ...same problem again , cant reprogram key ...still gets security light

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Security blinks ....... after the 3- 10 min reprograming

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Unplug computer........ wait approximate 10 minutes, sometimes it would start after unplugging

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Saturn
8/6/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Pete, Saturn Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Pete, Saturn Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you post the year, make and model of this vehicle?

Have you had the fault codes read out at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Saturn 2002 l 100 4 door......... no codes to id

When you say no codes is this that you have no codes set at at all in any computer in the vehicle?

I have not set any codes....... all I have done was plug in the computer

O.k.,was this a computer or scan tool that can read all computers in your vehicle to check for codes?We want to make sure or to see if any codes are showing up in any of the computers especially the BCM ( body control module computer)

Sent my body control module for my 2002 Saturn L100 to be repaired . When returned and installed ,was informed I would have to do the 10 minute 3 times to re- key the unit. I performed this method ,and the security light continue to flash with out stopping, did not work. I went to the junk yard and got another BCM , which I got it to work , but the next day , I had the same problem. I unplugged the BCM for a few hours and try to start again ,and it started, but only once.So I have 2 BCM doing 2 difference things. I appreciate your expertise on both situations ! Thank You

I apologize for the delay.

When you checked for fault codes were all computers in your vehicle checked for codes with a scan tool that is fully compatible with your model vehicle?Some scan tools will only read engine codes and we need to see what codes are setting in the BCM and other computers using a fully compatible scan tool.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

I am unwilling to pay hundreds of dollars again for some computer scanning, when I found a BCM module at the junk yard that works, periodicly. I contacted you for a less exspensive option, do you have one ?

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I have replace my BCM module for my 2002 Saturn L 100 and now it works intermittently. When I unplug it for a few minutes and plug it back in , it works ok ? .
Saturn 2002 L100 high beam indicator light on , but no high beam lights