Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My gas gauge ,ac ,and all dash lights lit up on saturn 2003…

Customer Question
My gas gauge ,ac...

My gas gauge ,ac ,and all dash lights lit up on saturn 2003 l300

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I did ,but I forgot it does it on and off w ouild that be the bcm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your L300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet ,just got to the pcm

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
8/2/2017
Saturn Mechanic: TODD RUZICKA,
 replied 8 months ago
TODD RUZICKA

H​I, my name is***** for the delay. I'll do my best to help you. I know your concern well. I have fixed many Saturn cars for this type of issue. Saturn had many issues with BCMs in the early 2000s. The BCM on your model (as well as all Saturns back then) controll basically ALL interior electrical components. If you replace your BCM, this should take care of your problem. I recommend getting a NEW BCM and having a dealer install and program it for you. I've seen more problems than I can count with used BCMs. The new BCM will cost more but it will save you a lot of headaches and money. I hope this helps. Anything more I can do for you?

Thank you ,I also have the dash light that comes on and car starts to buck ,it is the light with the car and wrench in the middle. It comes on and off at random.
Mostly concerned about the dash light with the wrench ,something's I read says it means trouble with bcm and other say service soon but what gets serviced .
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

What codes are you getting in the car?

Po455
That code has been on for about a year was told it's the gas cap but no other code but was told if Bcm was broken then it would not send codes but dont know.

Do you have a scanner that can monitor the bcm and pcm readings?

No I don't, inn sending it out to get checked and rebuilt because of all the other things goung wrong inside of car

Ahhh ok, so do you have any other questions?

What that light means with car And wrench if There is acheck engine light already . what is the differnce between lights

from what I understand the dealer wrench light is for dealer options on the car. Things such as power windows, locks, power steering, cruise control, keyless entry, alarm , abs etc..... but I have seen it come on due to electrial issues as well kind of redundant with the check engine light really.

But when that light comes on the car starts to buck or maybe it's back firing not sure but it is a lack of power and gets worse when pushing pedal down

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician