Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

On the freeway today, got a check engine light, then the…

Customer Question
On the freeway today...

On the freeway today, got a check engine light, then the engine temp got into the red as a was getting of the freeway. at the stop light at the end of the offramp the engine shut off completely! i started it up and went 300-400 hundred feet to the nearest parking lot, and shut 'er down....

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stayed on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

There was a beep, then it said there was reduced engine power. 2007 aura

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aura yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had it towed to a mechanic

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Saturn
7/30/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What year and engine size? I'm assuming you would like to know possible problems and costs so you know what to expect at shop? thanks.

Nevrmind, I see you said it is a 2007 which came with the 3.5 engine.

This engine has a lot of problems with the thermostat which is a 1.5 hour job to replace and about $80 for part. So total cost of repair should be around $250 at the shop. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Thanks

Dan, Technician