Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Saturn Ion and just cleaned all of the drain…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2006 Saturn Ion and just cleaned all of the drain tubes since we had 6 inch rain and the driver front and rear carpet and insulation underneath were soaked. After i was done testing the drain tubes many times i noticed that in the drivers floor board area had a small amount of water appear. It was dry as i took the carpet out .I noticed on the piller it looks as if it is rusting under the paint. Could the back side of this exist drain be leaking and letting it run into the floor area. This car otherwise has low mileage and is very good condition?? Todd

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

I would think they are original. The car was only driven about 7,000 miles per year. How would you access this tube, i know it exits under the wheelwell.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i worked on it today and water was exiting as it should after i cleaned them.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That will be it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Saturn
7/30/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your notes and am a little puzzeled to what your asking as you stated you cleaned the drains . So is it still leaking? What do you need to know?

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician