sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

It acts like it isn't getting any gas, then takes off. No

Customer Question

It acts like it isn't getting any gas, then takes off.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No problem starting it. Yeah, it takes a little more gas than it used to, but I attributed that to aging.
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2007 aura
JA: Are you fixing your Aura yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If I can, I will. But I'm a 55 year old woman, not a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Saturn
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could cause a hesitation and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. You may have a sensor issue, it could be an electronic throttle control related problem, low fuel pressure, fuel quality, possibly a transmission related issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a code reader or scan tool to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?