FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Has the security lock on acts like it's being stolen. Any

Customer Question

Has the security lock on acts like it's being stolen. Any way to get it off? O5 ion
JA: What year is your Ion?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I seen on YouTube to turn the key off and wait for the clock to turn off meanwhile not opening doors or anything. And on his video it reset it but on this one it wont
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes steering wheel turns with the key out it has a new ignition
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't reckon so
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the light flashes while cranking the engine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It doesn't even try to crank. Turn the key and nothin happens but the security light does go off after a minuet but it still don't do anything
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 months ago.

Thanks. So when you try starting it and you hold the key in the crank position the security light is on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The whole dash goes dark when it's in the crank position.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well take that back the light stays on while in crank
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. First check and see if the battery in the car is good. It needs to be load tested. Then try the thirty minute reset. Turn the key on to the run position and leave it there for ten minutes. Then turn the key off without removing it and back to run for ten minutes. Repeat this for a third time and then see if it will start. If not then you either have a failed ignition switch or bod control module. most of the time on this car it is the ignition switch.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Alright thank you I'll give it a shot
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 months ago.

No problem. If you need anything else along the way please let me know.

It is my goal to make sure that you have an excellent experience on JustAnswer. Please rate the service that you received from me when you have a chance. If you need further assistance please let me know, and remember, I can continue to help you with this even after you rate my service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well that didn't work but here's some more info in case it matters theres a trouble code for it says U0100 lost communication with ECM/PCM
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there was a white wire that was cut in the ignition when proved back together the lock light flashes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 months ago.

Did you replace the ignition switch?