FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

My Saturn outlook 2007 has stabilitrack off message and

Customer Question

my Saturn outlook 2007 has stabilitrack off message and service traction control and engine light on. When this happens the vehicle rpm goes up even though my speed stays constant. Engine really revs high and I have to press gas almost to floor to maintain 50pmh.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No. Been to dealer who says there is no codes showing a problem. I have a car doctor device but don't know how to use.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Saturn Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am all thumbs and not inclined as far as auto mechanics are concerned.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the last time this happened I was able to get car home and then I could not start it. Engine light on and engine would not turn over. Had it towed to dealer. They later said after driving it 200 miles that they could not replicate the problem. 7th time to the dealer for the same problem over past two years
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** are a lot of things that can cause this. The most common are usually a failing battery or ignition switch. I usually test the battery first and replace it if needed and also clean the battery cables. I would then scan the computer for codes when the light is actually on. Most auto parts stores can do this for you for free. If you bring me the codes I can tell you what is going on. I hope this helps. please let me know if you need anything else.