Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Saturn sc1 280k engine hesitation between 1.5k and 3k. W.o.t

Customer Question
Saturn sc1 280k engine...
Saturn sc1 280k engine hesitation between 1.5k and 3k. W.o.t ok cold eng temp below 150 ok .
Changed plugs,wires,cool packs and module, coolant temp ,air temp,tips and crank sensor condition still exists
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2017
Saturn Mechanic: david craig, Saturn Mechanic replied 5 months ago
david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Is the check engine light on?

No

ok. did you have a check engine light on? or what caused you to replace all of those parts? were they all bad?

No check engine light change parts in an attempt to restore performance i.e. Engine does not falter cold so changed temp sensor crank sensor seemed to relief symptoms some what continued to rest if ignition parts no relief

you need to understand that if there isnt a check engine light or fault code replacing all the parts in the world isnt going to help. the ONLY component that sometimes will not throw a code is the crank sensor, but you already replaced that. Run a can of sea foam through the intake. that should help/.

you can also clean out the iac and the egr and the throttlebody.

Intake and throttle body are clean

do a compression test when the engine is hot.

Engine performance ok when hot at wot also hesitation is intermittent

ok. then you need to have a scan tool that reads live data hooked up to the vehicle and freeze frame the parameters when this condition happens, then you will be able to go back and look at the framed parameters to see whats happening at the time it started hesitating

That is correct and I have I do not see anything remarkable fuel stays in cal until wot is normal however vehicle is ok in ok not cl Hensley the exchange of engine sensors so what is material different that has not been done between ok and cl fuel management
Spell check is bad. Ol and cl fuel management ol ok cl bad what comes in to play that has not been changed

allow me some time to think about this. thanks

I can think of anything else. Ill open this up to the others to chime in. Good luck. If I think of something in the meantime I will jump back in.

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician