Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Wipers stop in mid windshield when turned off, wipers work

Customer Question

wipers stop in mid windshield when turned off
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: wipers work just stop in middle when turned off
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2009 Saturn vue front wheel drive 2.4 ltr.
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I fix myself need to know where to look to fix problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your wiper motor has a park position in it to know when to park when the switch is turned off.What can happen is the park position tab or switch can fail and causes this issue here in most cases causing the wipers to stop like this here.

99% of the time I have had to replace the wiper motor assembly for this fault here.

The body control module computer controls the wiper signals so to be sure it is best to have the fault codes checked/read out of the body computer to see what codes are set and then if any codes are set this will help to pinpoint the motor at fault.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/liavkca9dwfrw7c/w-06-15.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g9gn37oancj1w4/wi-06-15.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you will let you know how it goes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete