Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Second opinion] hatch is open, but lock is closed, unable to

Customer Question

Second opinion] hatch is open, but lock is closed, unable to close hatchJA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?Customer: 2008 vueJA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: door unlock, key unlockJA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?Customer: yesJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: i don't thinik so
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try using a flat blade screw driver to see if you can release the lock while operating the locks/latch button to see if it then releases and operates.This sometimes works.If this was already attempted or is attempted and does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete