Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Pete. My saturn vue hybrid turn off itself when i stop at

Customer Question
Hi Pete its me again...
Hi Pete its me again. My saturn vue hybrid turn off itself when i stop at the light and sometimes it start itself. Lately it makes a sound.like cheeeeeeewwww when i try to start. I have to stop starting than try again. Thannit will start
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
5/17/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Pete, Saturn Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Pete, Saturn Mechanic

Hello again, I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are any warning lights coming up on the dash at all with this issue or have you had anything checked at all?

Is this the starter motor you think that may be making this sound when trying to start it?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

The engine light is still on because i did not buy tha SGCM yet. The codes i get areP1A92. P1A9B. P0365. P1174. I ALREADY CHANE THE INTAKE AND EXHAUST SENSOR

If you clear out these codes do they all come back again?

Was this the V6 or 4 cylinder hybrid engine again?

4 cyl

I apologize for the delay.

DTC P1A92
- 14 Volt Power Module Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage

DTC P1A9B
- Starter/Generator Inverter Phase U Temperature Sensor Performance

DTC P0365
- Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit

DTC P1174
- Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance

The first 2 codes can lead to a faulty SGCM ( starter/generator control module) as these codes have this component in common to fail here.This can cause the fault with the sound you hear when starting off.

The other 2 codes since the sensor was already replaced can lead to a fault with the sensor wiring or the ECM at fault here.I would have the P0365 diagnosed to see which is the cause here.

If you need diagnosis info let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

i need diagnosis info

I apologize for the delay.

P0365:

Circuit/System Verification

1. With the ignition OFF, inspect the engine wiring harnesses carrying the CMP sensor circuits for the following conditions:

* Close routing of aftermarket electrical equipment
* Close to solenoids, motors, and relays
Correct any wire harness routing or component placement conditions, if it is determined to be a possible source of electrical interference.

2. With the ignition ON, engine OFF, use the live plot function on the scan tool. Select the engine speed parameter and the CMP sensor parameter. Change the minimum spec to 400 RPM for both parameters. Change the maximum spec to 4,000 RPM for both parameters.
3. Start the engine and observe the scan tool.
4. Quickly accelerate and release the accelerator pedal several times. Do not accelerate past 4,000 RPM. The 2 graphed lines on the live plot display should track together across the screen.
5. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC. You may also operate the vehicle within the conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.

Circuit/System Testing

1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the appropriate camshaft position (CMP) sensor wire harness connector.
2. Test for less than 1 ohm between the appropriate low reference circuit terminal B and ground.

◊If greater than the specified value, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

3. Ignition ON, test for 4.8-5.2 volts between the appropriate 5-volt reference circuit terminal A and ground.

◊If less than the specified range, test the 5-volt reference circuit for an open/high resistance or short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
◊If greater than the specified range, test the 5-volt reference circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

4. Ignition ON, test for 4.8-5.2 volts between the appropriate signal circuit terminal C and ground.

◊If less than the specified range, test the affected signal circuit for an open/high resistance or short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
◊If greater than the specified range, test the affected signal circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

5. Ignition OFF, connect a fused jumper wire to the CMP signal circuit terminal C.
6. Ignition ON, momentarily touch the other end of the fused jumper wire to the battery negative post. The CMP active counter parameter on the scan tool should increment.

◊If the CMP active counter increments, replace the CMP sensor.
◊If the CMP active counter does not increment, replace the ECM.

Component Testing

Note: You must perform the Circuit/System Testing before proceeding with Component Testing.

1. Inspect the CMP sensor for correct installation. Remove the CMP sensor from the engine and inspect the sensor and the O-ring for damage.

◊If the sensor is loose, incorrectly installed, or damaged, repair or replace the CMP sensor.

2. Connect the CMP sensor connector to the CMP sensor. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
3. Ignition ON, and engine OFF. Observe the CMP Active Counter parameter on the scan tool. Pass a steel object by the tip of the sensor repeatedly. The CMP Active Counter parameter should increment.

◊If the parameter does not increment, replace the CMP sensor.

P1A9B

Warning

To help avoid personal injury, be careful when working in the vicinity of the generator battery disconnect control module. Internal components will still be live, 36V potential, even when the cover has been opened or removed.

1. With a scan tool, clear the DTC.
2. Ignition OFF, wait 30 seconds.
3. Ignition ON, operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC.

◊If the DTC resets, replace the SGCM.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already change the SGCM but now I am getting the code P2796 and P0365.
Saturn Mechanic: Pete, Saturn Mechanic replied 1 month ago

I apologize for the delay.

Did you follow the diagnostic procedure above to help diagnose and pinpoint the cause at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will check that out in the weekend. I'll let you know

Sounds good.

Let me know if you need anything else here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
I did not get a chance to check out yet
Saturn Mechanic: Pete, Saturn Mechanic replied 13 days ago

No problem.If there is anything else you need let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Saturn Mechanic