sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I just bought it and everything is awesome except the radio

Customer Question

I just bought it and everything is awesome except the radio does not come on at all. No lit up display, clock, nothing....I'm hearing fuses and anti theft lock something....I bought it used.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: a co-worker checked the one kinda underneath and behind the radio (from passenger side floor board) and said it was fine, but I was unaware there were others to check.
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2006 Vue
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Like I said, I just had a coworker take a look the day I bought it...2 weeks ago today! I absolutely ADORE it!!! :) I had another coworker tell me they had one where the security system was compromised and the radio quit working (?) so they took it to the Cheverolet place and they reset it for $100.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope. no troubles at all except the radio.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio doesn't work whatsoever then it has either failed or is missing power or ground.

The first thing that should be done is check fuses. The two in question are labeled RADIO and RADIO(IGN) and are both in the box inside.

If these fuses are good then the next step would be to remove the radio, make sure connections and wiring are ok, and then test the power and ground feeds. It's possible that the radio isn't even plugged in, the previous owner may have had an aftermarket radio before and hastily put this one back in.

If the power and ground feeds are found to be present yet the radio is completely inoperative then it will need to be replaced or removed and sent out to somewhere such as United Radio for repair.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!