Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I tested my spark plugs last night and cleaned my number 1

Customer Question

I tested my spark plugs last night and cleaned my number 1 plug but like an idiot left it off after cleaning put plug back in and not wire, closed my hood and drove to gas station about 1 1/2 both ways, my service engine light obviously came on and I immediately knew why
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: Do you forsee significant damage to my block, or my coils
JA: What year is your Station?
Customer: It's the sc1 97
JA: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Coupe
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cleaned all other plugs and removed all other wires,
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

That's a pretty short distance to drive with a misfire and shouldn't cause any engine damage. You might get a catalytic converter code pop up because of the raw fuel in the converter, but it will burn out. If it happens I would clear the code and drive it.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have more questions for me on this?