Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

The ac fan motor, under the hood by the radiator, isn't

Customer Question

The ac fan motor, under the hood by the radiator, isn't turning on. Before I go for an expensive repair, where is the fuse or relay for this? I read they do have a lot problem and blow.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is a year old. Vue is 2008 in excellent condition with just 78000 miles.
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do minor repairs on it. Last week I replaced the wiper transmission. Hard stuff I bring to a shop. My shop said the fan motor was bad which is why when driving the AC is cold but when stopped at a light, the AC gets warm. I can see the fan motor against the radiator isn't working, but it might just be a relay or fuse.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me just a moment, please, in order to retrieve your information.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Here is the information that you requested. I have attached the fuse and relay location information for the under hood fuse box. You will find your relays and fuses for the fans here.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.