Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

2008 saturn sky, only one brake light works, changed the

Customer Question

2008 saturn sky, only one brake light works, changed the bulbs. was not the problem
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: never
JA: Are you fixing your Sky yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: brake switch, bulbs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: switch taillights around
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Todd M replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that buying a bulb didn't work. I'm suspecting that the socket for the bulb may be bad. Give me a few moments in order to pull up the vehicle and assist you better.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I switched the left taillight. Assembly with the right side assembly. The right side, it still didn't work. I later changed the brake pedal switch, still have the problem.
Expert:  Todd M replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. I reviewed your issue last night and I see that your lights operate on separate circuits. Looks like you have just a couple of places that could cause this issue. I will send you the diagram so that you can have a visual.

Expert:  Todd M replied 7 months ago.

Here you are... If you can see, your tail light assemblies run on separate circuits directly to the BCM. You could have a connection issue on this side. Also, the common ground closest to the tail light assembly in question.

Expert:  Todd M replied 7 months ago.

I would suggest testing the connection from the BCM to the tail light assembly and also I would check the ground to the tail light assembly.

Expert:  Todd M replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have anymore questions about this issue. If that will be all, and you have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...