Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Locaion of the fuel injectors on a 2008 saurn outlook XR. I

Customer Question
Locaion of the fuel injectors...
Locaion of the fuel injectors on a 2008 saurn outlook XR.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I have a code of P0202,0204,0206 stating that the injector circuit is open.
JA: Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YesI am, i just need to know the location of the injectors so i can verify the wires, the harness, and things like that.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
1/10/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- This the Fuel injectors location & removal steps

2-Please click on the blue link to view location and diagrams of the injectors

3- have also included the trouble shot necessary for the DTC P0202,204 & 206

Fuel Injector and Fuel Rail Replacement Removal Procedure Caution: Refer to Gasoline/Gasoline Vapors Caution.

Zoom and Print Options

1. Remove the fuel injector sight shield.
2. Disconnect the engine wiring harness electrical connector (4) from the fuel injector wiring harness electrical connector (5).

Zoom and Print Options

3. Disconnect the fuel feed pipe (2) quick connect fitting from the fuel rail.
4. Remove the upper intake manifold.

Zoom and Print Options

Caution: Refer to Safety Glasses and Compressed Air Caution.

5. Use compressed air in order to remove any debris from the around the area where the fuel injectors enter the lower intake manifold.
6. Remove the fuel rail bolts.

Notice:
* Remove the fuel rail assembly carefully in order to prevent damage to the injector electrical connector terminals and the injector spray tips. Support the fuel rail after the fuel rail is removed in order to avoid damaging the fuel rail components.

* Cap the fittings and plug the holes when servicing the fuel system in order to prevent dirt and other contaminants from entering open pipes and passages.

Remove the fuel rail with fuel injectors from the lower intake manifold.

Zoom and Print Options

7. Lift up the fuel injector electrical connector retainer (2).
8. Push in the fuel injector electrical connector tab (1) in order to disconnect the connector from the injector.

Zoom and Print Options

9. Remove the fuel injector retainer clip.

Zoom and Print Options

10. Remove the fuel injector.
11. Remove and discard the fuel injector seals.
12. If replacing the fuel rail, disconnect the fuel injector wiring harness electrical connectors from the remaining injectors and repeat steps 10 thru 12 in order to remove the remaining injectors.

Installation Procedure

Zoom and Print Options

1. Install NEW fuel injector seals.
2. Install the fuel injector.

Zoom and Print Options

3. Install the fuel injector retainer clip.

Zoom and Print Options

4. Install the fuel injector electrical connector.
5. Push down on the fuel injector electrical connector retainer (2), securing the electrical connector.

Zoom and Print Options

6. Install the fuel rail with fuel injectors to the lower intake manifold.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.

7. Install the fuel rail bolts.

Tighten the bolts to 10 N.m (89 lb in).

Zoom and Print Options

8. Install the upper intake manifold.
9. Connect the fuel feed pipe (2) quick connect fitting to the fuel rail.

Zoom and Print Options

10. Connect the engine wiring harness electrical connector (4) to the fuel injector wiring harness electrical connector (5).
11. Install the fuel injector sight shield.

© 2017 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13830)

c67407d2-ab5c-4f8f-803b-...gifc67407d...giffa43c317-ef4f-4d70-a4b5-...giffa43c31...gif50cac591-5f56-456d-a1f4-...gif50cac59...gif8241e548-5a43-49aa-8e71-...gif8241e54...gif79a27dfc-1052-4d09-ad45-...gif79a27df...gif096f4a01-de25-4ad7-8b3b-...gif096f4a0...gifb538e0cf-6aa6-4e8a-8544-...gifb538e0c...gif

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Hi, just checking in ,to see how things are going,Do you need further assistance ?

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat