Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Was driving to work this morning and my 2007 saturn Aura

Customer Question

was driving to work this morning and my 2007 saturn Aura lost power and check engine light came on. what causes that
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: in just said lost power on console and was consistent untill i got to work. i live in skokie and work in schaumburg. this happen in Niles on Golf in front of Wallmart
JA: Are you fixing your Aura yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am at work. was just checking what i have to do
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The warnings you see here are indicating one or more components were found to be at fault by the engine computer causing the engine light and low power warning to come on.Usually it is a component the computer sees an issue with that causes the computer to put the vehicle into a fail safe low power mode.I have seen components like the throttle body/throttle position sensor cause this here needing replaced.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool that will plug into your model and read all computers.Once this is done any codes set will aid in diagnosing and locating the fault here.Usually this is best done by a dealer or repair facility in your area that knows and repairs this model here.Diagnosis fee from them can cost around an hours labor charge.In allot of cases you can get the fault codes read out at no cost to you at a local parts store.They usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what component needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete