Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

When I start my car up I cant put it in gear after about 5

Customer Question

when I start my car up I cant put it in gear after about 5 or 6 second then my car goes to normal and I can put it in gear
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: but I have parking lights but no headlights
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2004 Saturn ion
JA: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I had the altanater redone but the red wire going to the starter the little red wire going to the starter got red hot and I had to shut the car off but the altanater is good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

there is a shifter interlock solenoid supposed to release when press brake pedal ,do you hear it click ?

CLICK ON DIAGRAM TO VIEW PICTURE LOCATION OF IT

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat