George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I have a GMC Acadia 2008 Passenger present sensor in

Customer Question

I have a GMC Acadia 2008 Passenger present sensor in passenger seat is bad. I have the part and would like to know if it is something that I can replace myself. It doesn't seem like it should be too difiicult. Just make sure the battery is disconnected
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I can't remember the fault code but it was for the sensor in the seat pad. The recall for the connector has already been performed.
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just looked at the diagram of the seat and poke around under the seat a bit.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of...
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there a easy way to change this sensor?. I know that dealership techs have many tricks to shorten the time to do repairs. The book allows about 1.5 hrs to change front wheel bearing and I was able to do it in 1/3 of that (40minutes). Is there a streamlined way to change this sensor in the seat?
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am Randall, You say you have the part, you did get the seat pad correct? the sensor is built into it