Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

The HVAC blower stops working sometimes. Then out of the

blue it will start working...
the HVAC blower stops working sometimes. Then out of the blue it will start working again. now it has stopped working and it has been over a week. With winter coming i need this to work.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2008 Saturn Aura
JA: Are you fixing your Aura yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i pulled the fuse box off and i am wondering if it is the HVAC Blower Switch that is malfunctioning.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: sometimes the passanger door will not open. not sure if related.
11/27/2016
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic

You need to test the "2" wires at the Blower Motor for Voltage + (PURPLE wire) & Ground- (BLACK wire) with the Switch on high when it stops working
IF there is Voltage + & Ground - , then Replace the Blower Motor
IF there is NO Voltage + on the PURPLE wire, then we need to do more testing
Testing will depend on if the System is Automatic or Manual Controls
Let me know what you find

.

.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
IF you do NOT know how to Rate my answer........just respond
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, could you advise on what i need to test the wire with?

Test Light or Volt Meter (DC volts)

.

IF you are not familiar with vehicle electronics, you may want to have someone local assist to be sure you are testing correctly

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic