Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Getting a Service Assist in the message center, Saturn Vue

Customer Question

getting a Service Hill Assist in the message center
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: Saturn Vue 2008 Hybr
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am just checking it out. What set the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no,
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This system is designed to minimize vehicle rolling between brake release and engine start.This can be a fault with the brake delay valves or the starter generator control module/ecu itself in some cases.What will have to be done is to have a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.The diagnosis for this fault with proper testing can run anywhere from around $65 to over $200 to diagnose and in some cases upward around $500 in some cases to have repaired,all depending on the fault found.

You will need to have this diagnosed/tested further to locate which component is the cause here and from there then repaired to resolve this issue.This should be done as soon as you can to prevent any further issues.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete