Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 4 cyl. 2005 Saturn Vue, the a/c has stopped blowing

Customer Question

I have a 4 cyl. 2005 Saturn Vue, the a/c has stopped blowing cold air when idling but starts blowing cold when driving. Also at times when I park the car overnight it has a puddle of water and coolant on the cement, but the car hasn't been running hot.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No but it seemed to have started after the coolant light came on and I didn't refill for a few days
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not as of yet depends on how deep we have to go
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: do you know what would cause these problems, are they related
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- for ac , first we have to check if the Freon is full or needs top off, you will need ac gauge tester and hook up to low side line and you should read at 100 psi pressure to be full, if low on freoon it will feel warm at idle and cooler when you drive since the compressor spinning faster

2- also the high side npresuer needs testing , it should be 150 to 175 psi max, anything higher , means you have a restriction in the system cauing the warm cooling , like expansion valve , condenser clogged etc..

3- the coolant leak , it could be from anywhere, i suggest you do a coolant pressuer test and see where it is coming from

4- now the ac will drain water on passenger side on the ground look under the vehicle , that is condensation and is normal, there is an ac drain tube comes out of the evaporator to the bottom of car and drains the water out .

5- are the condenser fans running when ac is on ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

2- are the condenser fans running when ac is on ?

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat